NRC in the SR - UVZEN
NRC in the SR
In accordance with the § 8 of the Act No. 355/2007 Coll. of Laws on protection, promotion and development of public health and on change and amendment of some acts in wording of later regulations, National reference centre is a specialized workplace of public health authority or regional public health authority for the solution of tasks of public health system.
National reference centre
- ensures specialized advanced and final laboratory diagnostics and verification of laboratory results,
- defines reference methods and standards,
- carries out expert, methodical and publication activity,
- secures epidemiological supervision,
- stores samples of biological material or other material which contains the agent of the disease and which was obtained from a confirmed case of disease,
- cooperates with the respective bodies and organizations of the European Union and the World Health Organization,
- secures training in new laboratory methodologies.