Importance of Vaccination – Diseases we can prevent thanks to the vaccination - UVZEN
„Importance of Vaccination – Diseases we can prevent thanks to the vaccination“ – New publication issued in framework of BCA WHO in Slovakia
Vaccination belongs to the most effective preventive measures. It is an important WHO activity with the support of immunization programs on national level. The aim of the new publication is to emphasize importance of vaccination in fight against communicable diseases. Communicable diseases do not know and do not respect state borders and that is why it is needed to pay exceptional attention to cooperation, coordination of procedures, mutual informedness and common rapid reaction on these threats.
Publication brings to readers:
- basic information on vaccination and reasons for its introduction and development in the world and in Europe,
- assessment of its importance from the aspect of provided data on morbidity and vaccination coverage for selected communicable diseases in European Union countries and in the Slovak Republic,
- important information on activities, common steps, programs and strategies of the EU bodies and Member States in the area of immunization,
- experiences with vaccination in the Slovak Republic,
- and development from the aspect of fulfilment of the National Immunization Programme in Slovakia.
In connection with significant cooperation of the Slovak Republic and WHO Europe in framework of BCA WHO the publication contains also Foreword of the WHO Regional Office for Europe and at the same time there is published the European Vaccine Action Plan 2015-2020 with its goals, objectives and strategies of activities of Member States.
This publication was technically and financially supported by the Biennial Collaborative Agreement between the Ministry of Health of the Slovak Republic and the WHO Regional Office for Europe for the years 2016-2017, with the aim to promote at national level successful public health approaches with the objective of promotion and protection of health. Publication was also issued on the occasion of the Slovak Presidency of the Council of the EU.
Publication drags big attention, it will support and increase informedness of experts, health workers, public health activists as well as of lay public on national and on international level and at the same time it will be provided during the events of the Slovak Presidency of the Council of the EU.