DEMOCOPHES - UVZEN
Our organism is daily exposed to numerous natural and synthetic chemicals from the environment with harmful effects on health. One of the important tools enabling to obtain representative data on human exposure to these pollutants is also human biomonitoring (HBM).
Project DEMOCOPHES is aimed to preparation and verification of the practical feasibility of the common methodology of exposure assessment for all European countries, which in turn will acquire the current load of inhabitants to chemical pollution and enable comparation between different European countries. Results of the project is establishment a common framework for human biomonitoring as a tool for supporting evidence-based policy making in the protection and promotion of public health.
Slovakia represented by Public Health Authority of the Slovak Republic was involved as one of 17 European countries to implementation of this study.
- About DEMOCOPHES (pdf, 99 kB)
- National communication plan (SK) (pdf, 244 kB)
- National strategy for recruitment (SK) (pdf, 252 kB)
- National strategy for sampling (SK) (pdf, 252 kB)
- National requirements for laboratory (SK) (pdf, 59 kB)
- National report on the implementation of the project including data analysis and integrated interpretation (SK) (pdf, 235 kB)
- Investigation of mothers and children exposure to environmental contaminants in Slovakia (POSTER) (pdf, 1 MB)
- DEMOCOPHES – Human biomonitoring on a European Scale (FINAL REPORT)
More info: https://www.eu-hbm.info